Monday 1 February 2016

Trip to the Imperial War Museum

We went to  the Imperial War museum. It has changed a lot.

We saw lots of things there. It was fun. We saw some pictures of people, we saw a horse, we saw a wreath, some medals. I liked the dolls' house it was interesting to look at. We saw some other furniture, and I had a good time. And I liked that lentil  soup, it was nice and I had some cheese sandwich and I had a cheese and pickle sandwich.

Charlene


The museum was good. We saw some trenches from the Falklands War. We went into the trenches. We saw a soldier with blood on him. They had the trenches there before didn't they, and now they still have the trenches.  Last time we saw a pub,  that might have been a different museum. they didn't have a pub in this one. They had a pub house with pumps where you can get a drink of some beer. We saw some cannons on the way in, and we saw a bit of the Berlin wall,




We saw some rooms upstairs when we went in the lift, We went  to Floor 1 for the 1940's house, and I saw some breakfast that my nan would eat in the old days, it would be like muesli a bit. My nan wore some clothes in those days, in the old days we used to decorate the Christmas tree, that was a long time ago when my nan was born in my nan's house in Camberwell . She lived in an old modern house during the war, and my grandad Leonard fought in the war, and people had to be  evacuated from their houses, and my nan was evacuated from her house cos she met my grandad. Her name was Kathy Shay, she was a little girl, She went to school during the war. People used to get the cane when they were naughty.

Ed





No comments:

Post a Comment